Fitness professionals are increasingly using the internet as a marketing tool. Previously, fitness marketing was done primarily through direct mailings which were very expensive. Nowadays, social media has made it very easy to carry out marketing campaigns at almost no cost. The following are some guidelines for online fitness marketing.
- Have a objective of making a specific number of followers, friends or fans on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, MySpace or Twitter
- If you have a fitness blog, network with bloggers in the fitness industry and request them to link to your blog
- Post a short video of yourself to your site. A video will enable you to connect with your audience in a more personal way
- Market your products or services on YouTube using short videos. Remember to include a link pointing back to your site
- Offer free webinars and use opt-in forms to capture email addresses
- Share fitness news and tips regularly on Twitter and Facebook
Social media marketing is just one way of connecting with many prospects and establishing a thriving business. However, there are many other strategies that can be used in fitness marketing.
- Identify your niche market. Make sure your web content is specifically targeted to this market
- Find out what people really desire or need, then offer a solution which will help them attain their fitness objectives
- Market your products or services to people face-to-face whenever possible. This is a very effective way of creating customer loyalty
- Whenever someone asks for additional information through a phone call or an opt-in form, make sure you respond fast
- Build backlinks back to your site by writing posts for other sites
- Create RSS feeds so as to keep your potential clients and existing customers updated about your business
- Update your website content regularly so as to keep it current and fresh
- Offer former customers special discounted prices to lure them back
- Make use of video and live chat to communicate with people
- Take advantage of online marketing strategies such as customer testimonials, search engine optimization, as well as auto-responders
- Offer your existing customers rewards when they refer new clients
- Promote fitness programs instead of fitness sessions. This will help you establish sustained customer relationships
These are just a few of the strategies which can be applied in fitness marketing. The most important thing is to understand your target market and find the most effective way of reaching them. As you market online, don’t forget the power of offline marketing.